1. My name is Leah and I’m a 24-year-old artist and lover of lifestyle blogs. I’ve been wanting to start my own since 2012, with a few or more random free blogs out there that I’ve made and forgotten about.
2. LeahLouu was inspired by the nickname my grandma always called me growing up. I used to hate it because my dad’s name is Lou and it bothered me, but I’ve grown to absolutely love it! Who knew it would end up being a part of my branding! So, thank you, Grandma Bonnie!
3. I graduated college in 2016 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Studio Art! It feels like 10 years ago already and I’m still trying to find out what I want to do with my life. I don’t share where I went for safety/privacy reasons. Maybe one day I’ll share the name but it was a private college with an art department with their own separate building. I commuted everyday instead of living there (which even though was over a half hour drive was still cheaper than living on campus) and it became my second home. It molded me into the artist I am today.
4. I definitely know I want to be my own boss. I’m 110% an introvert and the older I get, the more I realize how much I want to work from home and create my own stuff/artwork. I have fantasies about it and decorating my own office that doesn’t have work out equipment and an electric drum kit next to my desk (I still love you, Jordan).
5. A recently realized dream of mine is that I want to create signs and misc. such for weddings/showers/parties/etc. Cute wooden signs, possibly acrylic ones, all hand-lettered and personalized by myself. Ideally across the country but for now I’d probably start locally. To be able to work with people in my own way is the ultimate introvert goal.
6. I’m really excited for where this blog could go. I’ve got so many ideas and potential for this that sometimes I can’t even sleep at night. I hope you guys are as excited as me for the future of LeahLouu and hope you stick around for the ride!